Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Birthday... to me!

 
My Birthday Balloon Bouquet
Fun surprises arrived at work for me today... My friend Char Izatt sent me a birthday balloon bouquet... I love the clear one I am holding in the this picture... I've never seen one like that before! We don't get to see each other often, dinner every few months... but she has been keeping tabs on me and making sure I am "doing okay".   Last week I was sitting at my desk doing some paperwork when Jay, one of the HJ reporters, came up behind me and gave me a great big hug. I looked at him in question wondering what was that all about... He replied... I have been up visiting with Char at Smithfield City this morning and she asked for me to come back to the office and give you a great big hug! He said with a slightly reddened face She thought you might need one... and was she ever correct! Thank you my friend... you always know how to "lift" my spirits!
 
The Blue Butterfly
This is my good friend Carol Petersen. We have been friends since I started working at The Herald Journal 9 years ago. Over the years we have shared our ups and downs... and we have developed a very special bond. She has a sweet grandson, Jeremy, who is extremely talented when it comes to drawing. He sends her drawings a few times a week and when he does, she will bring them to the office and shares them with me. Several months ago, Carol told me about the movie The Blue Butterfly. She let me borrow the DVD to watch it... after I did, Jeremy sent me a beautiful hand drawn blue butterfly. When Carol told him about my recent "life changes" he asked her to find a pin of a blue butterfly and to remind me
The Butterfly Is A Symbol Of Transformation.
Carol gave me my beautiful butterfly pin today...
I love it... what a special symbolic birthday gift!

This is the Blue Butterfly Jeremy drew for me!
A close up of my butterfly pin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and remember ~ Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused! Huggies, Vicki