Sunday, March 13, 2011

My Sweet Ride...

This is me the day I drove it off the Axtell car lot...
May 3, 2000
She had 10,400 miles on her... now she has....
Wow... who would have ever thought that my sweet ride purchased 5.3.2000 would make it to 150,000 miles! She had 10,400 miles when I bought her. I put lots of miles on her chasing back and forth from soccer... baseball and football games. Concerts... dates and Jazz games too! She took mom, Josh and I to see our awesome hairdresser in Salt Lake every 8 weeks...shopping at all our favorite stores between here and there. We were always able to fit it all in... once we almost had to tie Josh to the roof she was so full, but we made it. Josh learned to drive in my sweet ride and she drove him to the MTC when he left on his mission.  For 9 of those years she proudly displayed the Logan High Grizzlies logo in vinyl on her back window.  Everyone knew she was mine. I have to admit... I didn't put the majority of the miles on her... those came with daily trips to ATK for 6 years (because the gas mileage was better...not because he liked driving her). I re-gained full-time custody on 4.30.10.  She is having her issues... showing signs of aging.  Her back driver side window will just drop down for no apparent reason (she must think I need some cooling off...which can be super cold in the middle of winter), the blinker and cruise control sometimes will... sometimes won't work.  She needs a new ignition switch... which means I have to keep a key in her at all times (if not... the instrument panel won't work... the heat/AC won't work either).  It make for an interesting time with having to lock each and every door each and every time I get out of the car.  The driver side window doesn't roll down at all any more... which makes going through a drive through equally entertaining.  One night I came from home work and told Josh that she was making a terrible sound... we went for a drive and he instantly decided that she needs some power steering fluid... he filled her up and she's been quiet ever since! Josh has washed... vacuumed and checked under her hood and kept her in great shape! She and I have been through a lot... and I am sure we will continue to do so.  I have lots of great memories in my sweet ride.. 10 years worth!  My license plate holder used to day... Get in... set down... shut up and hold on!   When I first got her I used to say to my frequent fliers... "Thank you for flying Alero Airlines... please keep your arms and legs in the car at all times.  Fasten your seat belt and get ready for the ride"... thanks girlfriend... here is to another 150,000 more! Oh... just in case you are looking for that gray Alero with the Grizzly in the back... it's now a Dallas Cowboy star and logo... oh yeah... even sweet rides deserve a make over once in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and remember ~ Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused! Huggies, Vicki