Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pre-Paint Job...

Can you say WHITE?  I love the color white... just not on ALL of my walls... this is how my house has looked for the past 7 years... white... everywhere you look... white...white...white.  It doesn't say home... it says... cold!  In my "former life" (those of you who know me ~ know that I was divorced 18 months ago) and the former life didn't deem it necessary to paint... well it took me a few months to do it... but here we go.  This whole "painting burr" got started when we moved everything out of our family/living room and entry to have the carpet re-stretched.  It had "wrinkles" when we bought the house 7 years ago... and they just kept getting worse (kinda like my face these days... more wrinkles are appearing weekly)... so after the re-stretch I looked at all of the cold WHITE walls and decided I didn't want anything moved back into the room until it was painted.  Ironically my mom called a few minutes after the carpet man left... I got brave and asked her if she would mind going to Bennett's Paint with me to pick out paint colors... she said that her and dad were headed to Pepperidge Farm for cookies and she needed to talk to dad.  I laughed when she said she would call me back...because I knew dad was going to pop a gasket. She called back a few minutes later and said she and dad would meet me there... I asked "is dad mad" and she said..."yes"!  When I met up with them at Bennett's we found the perfect color and Martha went to work her magic.  I told dad that I had saved some money and that I was going to pay a professional painter to come and paint and that he wouldn't have to fuss with it.  Later in the day I started calling painters... they all wanted $300 - $600 per room.  Well I had saved... but not that much.  Dad to the rescue... he and Josh are going to be painting... stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and remember ~ Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused! Huggies, Vicki